Good Morning Chaos!

Our day is normally filled with chaos and so it begins.  Put Ty in his bouncer seat, try to use the bathroom, oh wait, Dylan just beat me in there, so I wait until I hear the toilet seat slam down just as I'm shouting "Don't slam the toilet seat!"  Daddy is washing up, I squeeze past to use the toilet when I notice baby Ty is squirming so far out of his bouncer seat, his butt is on the floor and only his head is in the bouncer.  Run over, put the baby back in the bouncer seat, use the bathroom while I hear Dylan opening and slamming shut dresser drawers and then "Mom I don't have any socks!" "Okay I will get you a pair in a minute" I reply.  He runs in the bathroom again to inform me he has no socks.  I know, I tell him, I will get him a pair in a second.  He informs me one second is just him saying the number one.  I think this might be a long day.

In our bedroom, I see the three baskets of laundry waiting to be sorted, folder and put away.  I dump one on the bed and find Dylan a pair of socks.  The baby during this time, has again squirmed out of his seat and is nearly on the floor.  I scoop him up, thinking next time I should really put the seat belt on him.  I hug him, smile at him and tell him to give Mommy a few minutes as I put him in the exersaucer.  I jump in the shower enjoying the few minutes to myself which doesn't last long as I hear Daddy telling Dylan to not to use the light saber near the baby, stop grabbing the baby so tightly or Dylan acting out another Star Wars scene.  The baby is also exercising his vocal chords joining in the chorus of chaos.

After throwing on some clothes, we all head to the kitchen. Millie, our dog is ringing the bell to go out.  Ty is banging a spoon on his high chair tray.  Dylan is asking to put on Nick Jr on the kitchen television while making his own Toaster Strudel. I grab a plate and glass of juice for Dylan. I let the dog out.  I (or Daddy) throw a scoop of dog food into her bowl.  I (or Daddy) make up a pot of coffee. I mix up some warm cereal with fruit for Ty.  We let the dog in, give her a snack for bringing in the paper.  We all sit at the table together. Daddy grabs a yogurt. I grab a piece of toast with peanut butter.  Often Daddy makes us eggs which is wonderful. Dylan has his Toaster Strudel.  I feed Ty his cereal. The table gets strudel frosting spilled on to it. The high chair tray gets cereal smeared all over as Ty loves to dip his fingers into his food. 

Ten minutes later, dishes are being scrapped, rinsed and piled into the sink. The dishwasher is full of clean dishes.  I clean up Ty and plop him into the walker. I check to make sure all doors are closed. We put away the dishes together while Ty tries to grab whatever he can from the dishwasher. A wooden spoon and a plastic cup is what he scored today.  We load up the dishwasher with the dirty dishes and wipe down the table and counters.  Finally we get to pour a cup of coffee.

I sit at the computer to check facebook and email. Ty is sitting on the floor playing while I sip my coffee. Daddy is either heading to work out the door or downstairs if he is working from home. Dylan once ready for school, is yelling how he is a Jedi and going to get Count Dooku while our dog chases him room to room ready to help in the battle.  Five minutes of playing and Ty commando crawls over to my feet ready to be picked up.  I hold him and sign Milk.  Attached now he is happy slowly drinking and slipping into a light sleep but not for long as Jedi Dylan storms into the room wielding a light saber and a very loud voice "Stand back Count Dooku!" 
I say, "Dylan, don't wake the baby!"
He replies "Oh sorry!" 
Too late, baby wakes up and we start the whole thing over as I put Ty back on the floor to play for 5 minutes.  This time, I sit with him showing him some of his toys and stacking up cups.  He again crawls over to my lap to be held.

Now it's nearly 8 AM  and all this has happened over the span of about 90 minutes. Time for Dylan to get ready for school.  This is how our every morning begins. I forgot to mention how normally Dylan wakes about 5:30ish and asks if he can play his DS in bed while the rest of us tries hard to enjoy every last minute of sleep before he joyously shouts aloud "Six Oh Oh Time to get up!"  

Our mornings are loud. Heck, our house is loud. It is never quiet here except after 8:00 PM and before 5:00 AM. Our chaos is named Dylan and Tyler and boy do I love our chaos.